Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thing 22 - Downloadable Audio Books

Well, this is the most challenging "thing" so far. I played around on NetLibrary, reserved books on my account, downloaded another to my computer and then transfered parts of the book to my MP3 player with John's help. The process is not very intuitive to me at all. Somehow, the entire book can not be synced to the MP3 player all at once. I can only drag parts of the book to it at one time. Curious to know the check out statistics and wondering how many customers were able to download successfully. One obvious mistake I made is that I did not pay attention to the size of the file on the book I was downloading. It took almost half an hour to finish. Nonetheless, through this exercise, I have much better understanding of how downloadable audio books work and am more confident at answering customer questions regarding this subject. Certainly, I will enjoy listening to the books while I am out and about.

No comments: