Monday, November 19, 2007

Thing 13 & 14 - Del.icio.us, Tagging and Technorati

Created a Del.icio.us account at the beginning of the program and now it's time to play and explore. I find Del.icio.us an easy to use and handy tool. It allows you to put all your bookmarks in one place that is accessible from different computers. More over, by checking out other's bookmarks, it provides a network of resources that you may find helpful. I already have a few I visit frequently and will gradually build up my list. A tag is simply a word you use to describe a bookmark. Unlike folders, you make up tags when you need them and you can use as many as you like. The result is a better way to organize your bookmarks and a great way to discover interesting things on the Web.
Technorati is, as I understand it, a "search engine" for millions of blogs that exist in the blogosphere. I found this YouTube video through Technorati under "top videos" category. Take a look! Very interesting concept. I am not ready to "join the party" and claim my blog just yet. (Have to improve it)Will come back to it later.

Visual Recital Workshop at Mad Cow Festival 2007

No comments: